Sunday's question of the day: Which is better, pro or college football?
Reporters from around the Tribune family tackle the question of the day, then you get a chance to chime in and tell them why they are wrong.
Mike Bianchi, Orlando Sentinel
There is not enough space here to list all the reasons why college football is superior to the NFL, but I’ll give you my top ten:
1. Marching bands playing school fight songs over NFL stadiums playing the same generic piped-in Guns N’ Roses song every week.
2. The Old Oaken Bucket over the Vince Lombardi Trophy.
3. The warmness of Bobby Bowden over the coldness of Bill Belichick.
4. The emotion of Tim Tebow over the calmness of Tom Brady.
5. Army-Navy, Ohio State-Michigan, Florida-Georgia, etc. over whatever so-called “rivalry” the NFL has to offer. Jets-Dolphins? Ooh, be still my heart!
6. Kansas tiebreaker over sudden death.
7. Nostalgic trips back to campus over relocated NFL franchises.
8. FSU’s flaming spear over Plaxico Burress’s smoking gun.
9. Notre Dame’s Touchdown Jesus over the NFL’s field-goal mentality.
10. Georgia’s reverence for its Bulldogs over Michael Vick’s killing of his bulldogs.