Kimbo Slice loses to Roy Nelson, but you haven't seen the last of Kimbo Slice
If you think you’ve seen the last of Kimbo Slice on "The Ultimate Fighter" this season, well, think again.
An industry source who declined to be identified because of the Ultimate Fighting Championship's sacred protection of the show's previously filmed results said Kimbo's strong performance on Wednesday's "TUF" broadcast left him strongly positioned him to be a replacement for another fighter who couldn't proceed in the tournament.
"TUF" will continue weekly on Spike TV and conclude with a live finale Dec. 5 at The Palms hotel in Las Vegas, with the winner of this season's "Heavyweights" version winning a six-figure, multi-fight UFC contract.
Slice agreed to join the "TUF" cast after his street fights generated millions of hits on YouTube. He moved on to join the now-defunct MMA organization, Elite Xtreme Combat, on CBS, which aired two of his fights on prime-time television.
Earlier this month, UFC President Dana White told The Times that Kimbo will fight again in the UFC whether he wins or loses "TUF."
--Lance Pugmire and Houston Mitchell