Contrary to reports, Stevie Wonder's home safe from fire
Contrary to a New York Post report, widely circulated by an L.A. radio news station, that Stevie Wonder’s Porter Ranch house was destroyed in the Sesnon fire, the 22-time Grammy-winning singer and songwriter says everything’s OK.
“I’m grateful to say that my house was not burned down in the fire,” Wonder said in a statement issued this morning. “I extend my sympathies to anyone who may have been touched by this horrendous event.”
The Post quoted an unnamed West Coast source saying Wonder’s home had been destroyed and all his memorabilia and musical instruments with it, and that he was postponing a tour to deal with the loss.
He's on tour in Australia and New Zealand until Oct. 30.
-- Randy Lewis