For parents: Five tips to keep your kids safe this summer
If you're a kid, summertime is probably the best time of the year (excluding Christmas). But for parents, it means spending more time trying to keep your young ones out of trouble.
To give parents some pointers, the Toy Industry Assn. on Thursday released a list of five tips to help kids have a "safe, active and fun summer":
1. Pay attention to the age-appropriate guidelines on toy product packaging.
2. Make sure children are supervised by an adult.
3. Buckle up children with helmets, knee pads and other protective gear when playing with ride-on toys.
4. Keep kids protected from the sun and heat by having them wear sunscreen, hats and sunglasses and giving them enough water.
5. Organize and store toys to prevent slips, trips and falls.
-- Andrea Chang