L.A. NOW

Southern California -- this just in

« Previous Post | L.A. NOW Home | Next Post »

Dog dies in house fire in which ammunition rounds exploded

June 10, 2011 |  7:39 am

Jeff Brooks from Rescue 26 revives a dog

One dog died during a house fire Thursday in Glendale in which ammunition exploded.

The family was away at the time. Two other dogs at the house survived — one after it was pulled from the house and revived by firefighters. No other injuries were reported.

The fire, which broke out on the second floor of a two-story home in the 3100 block of Linda Vista Road, was reported by a postal worker at 1:35 p.m., Glendale Fire Capt. Stuart Stefani told the Glendale News-Press.

Engines from the Glendale, Pasadena and Los Angeles County fire departments responded and found the house already engulfed in flames, Stefani said.

The blaze was extinguished shortly after 2 p.m.

--Megan O'Neil, Times Community News

Photo: Glendale firefighter/paramedic Jeff Brooks from revives a dog that was found inside the burning home in Glendale on Thursday. The dog survived but the house was a complete loss. Credit: Raul Roa/Times Community News

Comments 

Advertisement










Video