L.A. NOW

Southern California -- this just in

« Previous Post | L.A. NOW Home | Next Post »

Venice Boulevard blocked in Culver City after gunshots fired

September 8, 2010 | 10:25 pm
Venice Boulevard in Culver City was blocked off Wednesday night as officers surrounded an apartment building  where several gunshots were fired after an argument between a son and his father, police said.

Culver City Police Department officers arrived at the scene near Venice and Midvale Avenue shortly after 7 p.m. and heard four to six gunshots from the building, said Capt. Dave Tankenson.

A man ran from the building and said he had been arguing with his son. Police have set up a perimeter.

A special weapons and tactics squad from the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department was handling the situation, Tankenson said.

-- Robert J. Lopez
Comments 

Advertisement










Video