Arraignment set for suspect in celebrity burglaries [Updated]
A central figure in an alleged burglary ring that targeted the homes of Lindsay Lohan, Paris Hilton and other young Hollywood celebrities will be arraigned Dec. 2 in L.A. Superior Court.
[Updated at 10:30 a.m.: A previous version of this post and the headline said the arraignment was scheduled today, but it has been postponed.]
Nicholas Frank Prugo was arrested in connection with some of the burglaries last month. According to search warrants, he is cooperating authorities and has named other suspects in the "bling ring."According to the search warrant, Prugo told detectives that the burglars gained entry into the homes through unlocked doors, with the exception of the Lohan and Hilton residences.
Prugo was placed in protective custody last week after receiving some type of threat, his attorney said.
-- Richard Winton
More breaking news in L.A. Now: