Letterman Top 10 list: Extortion and sex scandal edition
David Letterman's admission on his show Thursday night that he was the victim of an alleged extortion plot over relationships he had with female employees has Steve Lopez offering his own Top 10 list.
TOP 10 SIGNS THAT LETTERMAN HAS BEEN SLEEPING WITH HIS STAFFERS
10. Lots of smiling by Bill Clinton during former president’s guest appearance.
9. Night after night, Paul Shaffer and his band keep playing “Take a Letter, Maria.”
8. Memo asking female staffers to remove clothing while screening “Stupid Human Tricks”
7. He really does get letters. Stacks and stacks of letters. From angry husbands.
6. When Drew Barrymore lifted her shirt, she was actually applying for work.
5. Dave offers “private tours” of Señor Wences' vault at the Ed Sullivan Theater.
4. Paper trail of secret payments to Dave’s mom so she’ll stay in Indianapolis.
3. Dave’s heart trouble in 2000 was not brought on by high cholesterol.
2. Favorite Dave line: “How’d you like to get into my Worldwide Pants?”
1. Biff Henderson has trunk full of panties, claims, “My lips are sealed.”
-- Steve Lopez
Read more Steve Lopez columns here.
For more Letterman coverage: Visit the Showtracker blog