Sampler Platter: Beer, pupusas, pizza and IPA
- Scottish brewery makes India Pale Ale the old fashioned way -- on a boat. Times Online
- "Although unit sales of organic food have leveled off and even declined lately," the New York Times asks: "Is a food revolution now in season?"
- LAist's latest Recession Obsession: Pupusas at Lempira in Los Feliz, Sarita's Pupuseria in the Grand Central Market in downtown L.A. and La Pupusa Loca in Hollywood.
- Low-carb Aussie beer Skinny Blonde has a label with a bikini-clad woman whose bikini disappears as you drink your beer and the bottle warms up. Times Online
- LA Pizza makes peace with Happy Ending's cheese pizza.
- Oranges banned at Queensland netball games because of potential damage to teeth. News.com
-- Elina Shatkin
Photos: (left) Empanadas at La Pupusa Loca. Credit: Ringo H.W. Chiu / For The Times; (right) The pale ale selection at Father's Office includes, left to right, Bear Republic's bronze Racer 5, Anderson Valley's coppery Hop Ottin' IPA, AleSmith's golden X and Stone Brewing's Pale Ale. Credit: Mel Melcon / Los Angeles Times