Sampler Platter: Grilled cheese, Obama sushi, burger marathon
Tasty Tuesday tidbits...
- Recently launched VendrTV, a N.Y.-based Web series that documents street food, plans to visit L.A. Tubefilter
- Dig Lounge heads out for a burger marathon, visiting Marathon Burger, Hawkins House of Burgers, B & R's Old Fashioned Burgers, Fresh and Meaty Burger, Fred's Downhome Burger and Master Burger.
- I have no clue what the Japanese text says, but this rendering of Obama in sushi is amazing! MSN Japan
- Former "Top Chef" contender Fabio Viviani on love and food: "Chefs make great lovers, 'cause if you don't please them while you're having sex, you please them while you're making dinner. I please them in both cases." Grub Street
- From Uruguayan fontina to California cheddar, San Francisco hosts the Grilled Cheese Invitational in Dolores Park. SF Weekly
-- Elina Shatkin
Photo: Mattie L. Drawn, manger of Hawkins House of Burgers, shows off their signature Hawkins Special Burger. It's a glorious, 8-inch tower of meat that includes several burger patties and buns, two hot dogs, pastrami, chili, eggs, onions and tomatoes. (Ringo H.W. Chiu / For The Times)