Sampler Platter: Presidential chili, taco trucks, Wi-Fi cafes and more
- What's the worst thing about being a food writer?
Probably the two dozen mediocre plates of lamb barbacoa I sometimes end up working through before I find one worth writing about. But even then, I'm still eating lamb barbacoa — how bad could it be?
-- Jonathan Gold, restaurant critic for the LA Weekly, in an interview with Eats.com
- Ben's Chili Bowl does boffo biz after Barack visits. The Caucus
- KCRW radio show Good Food wants you to e-mail it the name and location of your favorite taco truck in Los Angeles.
- Downtown L.A. has another Wi-Fi hot spot: Urth Caffe. Blog Downtown
- Which is worse, the fact that this soda is pine-flavored or that it's called Whizz? FAIL blog
- Little Debbie peanut butter crackers join a recall that includes cookies, cakes, ice cream and peanut butter-based foods that may be contaminated with salmonella. AP
- Some Americans too fat to fight. Yahoo News
-- Elina Shatkin
Photo: President-elect Barack Obama reaches for napkins at Ben's Chili Bowl in Washington D.C. (Mandel Ngan / AFP/Getty Images)