Martinis in the morning? You may be a retrosexual
Meet the retrosexual. You've seen this guy. Maybe even married him? He shaves with Barbasol, quotes Steve McQueen whenever possible and thinks a stiff drink before noon is his kind of triple latte. He also never apologizes for checking out a hot broad. Instead, he winks at you afterward and says, "She's no you, baby."
A new book, "The Retrosexual Manual," explores yet another species of male. Think macho to the nth degree. Black Book has listed the Retrosexual Ten Commandments. Here are the top five:
1. A retrosexual always pays for the date. If she tries to insist, so much the better. He still pays.
2. A retrosexual deals with it. Flat car batteries, house break-ins, cable TV malfunction, earthquake damage -- he just gets on with it.
3. A retrosexual never acknowledges he is in a relationship.
4. A retrosexual always carves the Sunday roast. Make sure you know what you're doing -- practise on the cat, spend an hour taking notes at the kebab shop.
5. A retrosexual is never seen in the passenger seat, unless it is a minicab, in which case he asks the driver if he can sit in the front.
Care to add one to the list?
Photos: AMC's "Mad Men." Credit: amctv.com; Cover of "The Retrosexual Manual." Credit: Amazon.com