Gary Coleman, the would-be governor of California
After Arnold Schwarzenegger won the election, Coleman appeared on David Letterman's late-night show to present Letterman's Top 10 list of how California would be different if Gary Coleman had been elected governor. The highlights:
10. Pretty much the same as Schwarzenegger, but less body oil.
9. Three words: Lt. Gov. Urkel.
5. Inaugural address would have a laugh track.
4. Television viewers wouldn't know if they were watching C-SPAN or Nick at Nite.
2. I would form a task force to find out exactly what Willis was talking about.
1. Unlike Schwarzenegger, I would admit I'm not qualified.
Click here to read the complete obituary.
-- Dennis McLellan
Photo: Gary Coleman being interviewed on KTLA Channel 5 during his campaign for California governor in 2003. Credit: Fred Prouser / Reuters