December 24, 2007 | 7:59 am
- Peter Lawford? An excellent guess! (But no).
- JFK, Joey Bishop or Sammy Davis Jr? All good guesses! (But no).
- John Wayne or Ronald Reagan? (Sorry, no).
- Johnny Carson? That's someone I hadn't expected! (But no).
- Rock Hudson? Aha. That's someone else I hadn't anticipated. (Sorry, no).
- Elvis Presley? Wow wouldn't that have been an interesting group? (Too bad, though. No).
- Sandy Koufax, Don Rickles, Bobby Kennedy? Ken Odessky. (OK, I'll take that. Sandy Koufax).
Frank Sinatra, Sandy Koufax and Dean Martin at a fund-raiser for the Boy Scouts on Dec. 4, 1963, at Hillcrest Country Club. Koufax was roasted mercilessly by Sinatra, Martin, Danny Kaye, Jack Benny, Phil Silvers, George Burns and Lou Holtz. In just about the only printable comment of the evening, George Jessel called Koufax, "Without question, the most important Hebrew athlete since Samson."