This one really should be easy. I'll bet someone gets it in an hour or two.
This is a "what" question. What is this?
Michael Myers' House
Photograph by Larry Harnisch / Los Angeles Times
And in case you folks with Photo Shop are wondering, it has nothing to do with the plaque by the door:
This is an extremely well-known local landmark. People make pilgrimages to this house and have even posted video of it on YouTube. [Note: I deleted an image borrowed from a "Halloween" fan website. I would link to it, but the site has a bad mistake about the Black Dahlia case.]
- Summer house of Manson Family victims Leno and Rosemary La Bianca? No.
- Historic house along the Pasadena Freeway? No.
- Knott's Berry Farm? Interesting guess. But no.
- Is it the set for Sheriff Andy Taylor's house from the "Andy Griffith
Show?" Very interesting guess! But no.
- The house on the hill behind the motel in Psycho? No. This isn't on a movie lot.
- James Ellroy's boyhood home. No.
- "Nightmare on Elm Street" house? Good guess. But no.
- Mother Cabrini House? No.
- Is it the house on Franklin Ave. where Joan Didion and John Gregory Dunne lived in the 1960s? No.
- The house is the one used in the original "Halloween." It's the murder house. Bingo! I had two right answers. The first at 3:37 p.m., the second at 4:16 p.m. As a matter of fact, I ran into some people this afternoon who were out taking pictures of where the scenes were filmed.