UCLA basketball: Tyler Lamb, Anthony Stover get food poisoning
UCLA Coach Ben Howland was mildly distressed Sunday after freshmen Anthony Stover (left) and Tyler Lamb (right) contracted a case of food poisoning from some late-night chili chicken cheese fries.
"I won't name the establishment," Howland said of the Westwood eatery during a teleconference, "but we'd like to cut that establishment out during the season."
The players consumed the fries after the Bruins' 72-61 victory over Cal Poly San Luis Obispo on Saturday night, a celebratory treat the duo soon regretted. Howland said Lamb vomited in his dorm hallway and again during practice Sunday.
Lamb and Stover weren't able to participate as the Bruins watched film and completed a walk-through in advance of their game against UC Davis on Monday at Pauley Pavilion. Howland said he hoped the food poisoning was "a one-day deal" that would allow the freshmen to play against the Aggies.
Assuming Lamb and Stover are available, Howland said he needed to play them more than he did against Cal Poly. Lamb played six minutes after being what Howland described as out of sorts offensively; Stover played a season-low two minutes, mostly because UCLA freshman center Joshua Smith was so dominant against the undersized Mustangs.
Photo credits: Wally Skalij / Los Angles Times and Gary A. Vasquez / US Presswire