Rafael Marquez-Juan Manuel Lopez fight moved to Nov. 6
The featherweight title fight between Rafael Marquez and Juan Manuel Lopez, delayed because of a Marquez hand injury, has been rescheduled for Nov. 6 at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Marquez's promoter said Monday.
Gary Shaw said he has yet to assign any undercard bouts to the main event.
Marquez suffered the injury earlier this month, prompting the cancellation of the planned Sept. 18 date. The bout represents the most significant test yet for Puerto Rico's 27-year-old champion Lopez (29-0, 26 KOs). The 35-year-old former super-bantamweight champion Marquez (39-5, 35 KOs) is coming off a second victory over his rival Israel Vazquez in May after the pair engaged in four fights -- two of which were fights of the year.
-- Lance Pugmire