With the 12th pick in the 2010 WNBA draft, the Los Angeles Sparks
selected University of Mississippi guard Bianca Thomas
Thomas, an athletic guard, averaged 20.9 points, 5.3 rebounds, 1.4 assists her senior season at Ole Miss, and was a two-time All-Southeastern Conference First-Team selection.
Combined with Andrea Riley, who the Sparks selected with the eighth overall pick, the Sparks have considerably improved their back court by adding a pair of proven scorers.
Here is the rest of the draft so far:
1. Connecticut Sun - Tina Charles, center, University of Connecticut
2. Minnesota Lynx - Monica Wright, guard, University of Virginia
3. Minnesota Lynx - Kelsey Griffin, forward, University of Nebraska
4. Chicago Sky - Epiphanny Prince, guard, Rutgers University/Botas-Spor in Turkey
5. San Antonio Silver Stars - Jayne Appel, center, Stanford University
6. Washington Mystics - Jacinta Monroe, forward, Florida State University
7. Connecticut Sun (in trade with Tulsa Shock) - Danielle McCray, guard, University of Kansas
8. Los Angeles Sparks - Andrea Riley, guard, Oklahoma State University
9. Atlanta Dream - Chanel Mokango, forward, Mississippi State University
10. Seattle Storm - Alison Lacey, guard, Iowa State University
11. Indiana Fever - Jene Morris, guard, San Diego State University
12. Los Angeles Sparks - Bianca Thomas, guard, University of Mississippi
Minnesota traded the rights to Griffin to Connecticut for the Sun's first and second-round picks in the
-- Baxter Holmes
Photo: Bianca Thomas. Credit: Dale Zanine / US Presswire.