The Los Angeles Sparks have selected high-scoring Oklahoma State guard Andrea Riley with their first pick (eighth overall) in the 2010 WNBA draft.
Riley, a two-time All-Big 12 first-team selection, finished her senior season as the nation's second-leading scorer (26.7 points) and led the conference in assists (6.5).
Riley should help improve the Sparks' league-worst three-point-shooting percentage (29.7%) and draw defensive attention away from star forward Candace Parker.
The Sparks also have the No. 12, No. 20 and No. 32 draft picks.
Here is the rest of the first round so far:
1. Connecticut Sun - Tina Charles, center, University of Connecticut.
2. Minnesota Lynx - Monica Wright, guard, University of Virginia.
3. Minnesota Lynx - Kelsey Griffin, forward, University of Nebraska.
4. Chicago Sky - Epiphanny Prince, guard, Rutgers University / Botas-Spor in Turkey.
5. San Antonio Silver Stars - Jayne Appel, center, Stanford University
6. Washington Mystics - Jacinta Monroe, forward, Florida State University
7. Connecticut Sun (in trade with Tulsa Shock) - Danielle McCray, guard, University of Kansas
-- Baxter Holmes