Kings fans, let us know: Who are the 10 greatest L.A. Kings of all time?
In honor of the Kings making the playoffs and as an olive branch to Kings fans still irate at me for my "Kings are in the playoffs, are pigs flying?" joke, we at the Fabulous Forum will do something that we've only done for the Lakers and Dodgers so far:
Here's how it works: You send me your list, either by e-mail or in the comment field here, of your picks for the 10 greatest Kings of all time. A few rules:
1. Only consider their tenure with the Kings. So I don't expect any votes for Grant Fuhr.
2. You can vote for anyone associated with the Kings you want. Want to put Bob Miller in your top 10? Go ahead.
3. Points will be assigned for each King you pick, so be sure you put them in order from 1 to 10. Your first-place pick gets 12 points, second place gets 9, third place gets eight, all the way down to one point for 10th place.
4. One ballot per person, please.
5. Voting closes on Sunday. After that, I will tally up the votes and run down the top 10, one per day, in reverse order.
So this is your chance to prove to us at The Times that our coverage is severely lacking. I expect a deluge of votes from Kings fans! Time to let your voice be heard, and have some fun in the process. As the great philosopher Hannah Montana would say, it's the best of both worlds.
E-mail your picks to me at firstname.lastname@example.org, or leave a comment here with your picks.
-- Houston Mitchell