Sports Now

Sports news from Los Angeles and beyond

« Previous Post | Sports Now Home | Next Post »

Angels expect to play Monday night

April 5, 2010 | 11:32 am

Despite the rain Monday morning, the Angels expect to play their season opener against the Minnesota Twins in Anaheim, and history certainly backs them up.

Since the team moved to Anaheim in 1966, there have been only nine home rainouts -- the last on June 16, 1995.

It's not raining at the stadium right now and the skies "are not threatening," according to Ryan Cavinder of the club's media relations department.

The forecast calls for a 90% chance of rain throughout Monday afternoon, but the weather system is expected to break up early in the evening, with the chance of rain at only about 10% at game time, 7 p.m.

-- Mike Hiserman

Comments 

Advertisement










Video