No title but Candace Parker, Lisa Leslie are No. 1 and No. 2 in jersey sales
For the second consecutive year, Candace Parker, the 2008 WNBA Most Valuable Player and Rookie of the Year, has the No. 1 selling jersey for the second consecutive year.
Teammate Lisa Leslie, a three-time MVP who made this season her last after 13 years in the league, holds the second spot. Becky Hammon of the San Antonio Silver Stars rounds out the top three for the list.
As for overall merchandise, the Sparks again are the winners, with the New York Liberty and the Seattle Storm coming in at Nos. 2 and 3, respectively.
TOP 10 MOST POPULAR PLAYER JERSEYS:
1. Candace Parker – Los Angeles Sparks
2. Lisa Leslie – Los Angeles Sparks
3. Becky Hammon – San Antonio Silver Stars
4. Diana Taurasi – Phoenix Mercury
5. Shameka Christon – New York Liberty
6. Essence Carson – New York Liberty
7. Sue Bird – Seattle Storm
8. Janel McCarville – New York Liberty
9. Angel McCoughtry – Altanta Dream
10. Deanna Nolan – Detroit Shock
TOP 5 MOST POPULAR TEAM MERCHANDISE:
1. Los Angeles Sparks
2. New York Liberty
3. Seattle Storm
4. San Antonio Silver Stars
5. Washington Mystics
-- Debbie Goffa
Photo: Lisa Leslie, left, hugs teammate Candace Parker after fouling out in the fourth quarter against the Phoenix Mercury during Game 3 of the WNBA Western Conference finals Saturday. Credit: Aaron J. Latham / Associated Press