Sports Now

Sports news from Los Angeles and beyond

« Previous Post | Sports Now Home | Next Post »

Dodgers: No progress with Manny Ramirez

December 8, 2008 |  6:36 pm

Ned Colletti Judging by what General Manager Ned Colletti said today, it appears the Dodgers’ pursuit of Manny Ramirez is where it was a day ago. Or a week ago. Or a month ago.

Of the negotiations, Colletti said, “I think the word ‘negotiate’ has been misused.”

Colletti said the last time the Dodgers spoke to agent Scott Boras about Ramirez was when he presented him with a two-year, $45-million offer last month at the general managers’ meetings in Dana Point. The offer was later withdrawn.

The Dodgers thought that offering Ramirez arbitration last week would reopen talks, according to Colletti.

“I just find it curious,” Colletti said. “Made an offer, never heard back. Made an arbitration offer, never heard back.”

So the stalemate continues, Boras refusing to approach a team that he thinks presented Ramirez with an insulting offer, and Dodgers owner Frank McCourt refusing to be drawn into a conversation about a four-year deal.

-- Dylan Hernandez

Photo: Dodgers General Manager Ned Colletti. Credit: Alex Gallardo / Los Angeles Times

Comments 

Advertisement










Video