Sports Now

Sports news from Los Angeles and beyond

« Previous Post | Sports Now Home | Next Post »

Clipper update: All things Darius and Baron

December 11, 2008 |  5:20 pm

Darius Miles (left) moves against the Philadelphia 76ers' Theo Ratliff. For those preparing for Darius Miles: Part II with the Clippers ... well, the the wait will be a little longer.

That is, if Part II happens at all.

Clippers GM and coach Mike Dunleavy said at practice on Thursday that the team would probably "wait until after January" to make a decision on the former Clipper. The Clippers have too many players out of the lineup right now because of injuries to make a move.

Even if Miles, the No. 3 pick overall by the Clippers in the 2000 draft, were to sign a free-agent contract, he would not be available immediately --he'd first have to serve an automatic 10-game suspension for violating the league's substance abuse policy.

He worked out for the Clippers on Tuesday, and Dunleavy has heard good reports about Miles' training camp and preseason performance with the Celtics.

Baron Davis did not practice on Thursday because of personal matters and will not fly with the team to Portland, according to Dunleavy. He is, however, scheduled to join them there on Friday for the game that night against the Trailblazers.

-- Lisa Dillman

Photo: Darius Miles (left) moves against the Philadelphia 76ers' Theo Ratliff during a preseason NBA game in October. Credit: Elise Amendola / Associated Press