Sports Now

Sports news from Los Angeles and beyond

« Previous Post | Sports Now Home | Next Post »

Deal or no deal for the Clippers?

November 24, 2008 |  9:42 pm

Mobley_300TNT's David Aldridge posted an item this evening saying that the Knicks have raised concerns about the health status of Cuttino Mobley (pictured at right) regarding his heart condition.

So does this mean the four-player deal, which was agreed upon Friday, between the Clippers and the Knicks could be voided?

Doubtful.

Though, conceivably, the Knicks could reject the deal and then come back later to rework it. Some of the late negotiating Friday was about another potential piece of the deal -- the Knicks had wanted a first-round draft pick -- but they ended up agreeing to take Mobley and Tim Thomas for power forward Zach Randolph and guard Mardy Collins.

"We're confident that both of our players will be in uniform on Wednesday," said Clippers' President Andy Roeser.

I learned about the holdup earlier in the afternoon, but was told that it was not a big deal and that the Knicks were not concerned. It could simply be a case of the team needing more information about Mobley's heart condition. Aldridge wrote that the Rockets raised concerns about it when he played in Houston but also noted that the club gave him a six-year, $31-million deal in 2000. It has never been an issue in Mobley's tenure with the Clippers.

-- Lisa Dillman

Photo credit: Alex Gallardo / Los Angeles Times

Comments 

Advertisement










Video