« Previous Post | Show Tracker Home | Next Post »

'Million Dollar Money Drop' is 'dead,' Fox's Kevin Reilly says

'Million Dollar Money Drop' contestants Gabe Okoye and Brittany Mayti with host Kevin Pollak. Credit: Fox

Fox game show "Million Dollar Money Drop" is "dead," according to network entertainment chief Kevin Reilly.

Viewers probably figured as much. Most of the buzz surrounding the show, imported from the U.K., centered on a couple, Gabe Okoye and Brittany Mayti, who lost out on $800,000 -- despite answering a question correctly -- in an episode that aired last year. The error caused an Internet uproar, not to mention a public relations flub for the network, which later invited the couple back for a second chance at cash. The couple was on the fence about returning. And now it looks like they don't have any decision to make.

Rumors that the show, hosted by Kevin Pollak, would not return for a second season began swirling as far back as May. But its time of death, as Reilly characterized it, was made official Friday, should it ever come up as a question in a future game show.

RELATED:

Fox, NBC and Pepsi make strange bedfellows

TCA 2011: Fox chief Kevin Reilly says he has 'hot hand'

'Money Drop' contestant Gabe Okoye 'distraught,' 'haunted' over not-wrong answer [poll]

-- Yvonne Villarreal
twitter.com/villarrealy

Photo: 'Million Dollar Money Drop' contestants Gabe Okoye and Brittany Mayti with host Kevin Pollak. Credit: Fox

 
Comments () | Archives (0)

Advertisement
Connect

Recommended on Facebook



In Case You Missed It...

Video





Tweets and retweets from L.A. Times staff writers.

Categories

Shows


Archives
 



Get Alerts on Your Mobile Phone

Sign me up for the following lists: