Bravo will reedit 'Real Housewives of Beverly Hills' after death
Bravo has opted to reedit footage from the second season of 'The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills" in light of the recent death of featured husband Russell Armstrong, Showtracker has confirmed. It's still unclear if the premiere date, originally set for Sept. 5, will be moved.
A spokesperson from Bravo declined to specify how exactly the footage will be rejiggered (if Armstrong's appearance will be eliminated completely or if his involvement will be restructured and marginalized).
The network's president, Frances Berwick, told Variety, "Contrary to what is being reported, we have not made a decision to change our original premiere date but we are in the process of reediting the show."
Armstrong was found dead at a Mulholland Drive home on Monday night after hanging himself. His death prompted many to wonder how the network would move forward with the season, given Armstrong's role in wife Taylor's storyline. Much of the second season was supposed to chronicle the couple as their marital woes played out; Taylor filed for divorce in July.
The network's announcement comes after family members already expressed their views on how the situation should be handled. A nephew of Armstrong appeared on "Good Morning America" earlier in the week saying footage of the 47-year-old should be edited out. Armstrong's attorney, Ronald Richards, told ShowTracker that Armstrong's mother and father not only want footage of Armstrong taken out, but also footage of those associated with him -- which would include Taylor and the couple's daughter Kennedy.
-- Yvonne Villarreal
Photo: Russell Armstrong, left, the estranged husband of "Real Housewives of Beverly Hills" star Taylor Armstrong. Credit: David Livingston / Getty Images