Show Tracker

What you're watching

« Previous Post | Show Tracker Home | Next Post »

Charlie Sheen and Warner Bros. in a war over alleged 'discussions' for star's comeback

April 14, 2011 |  5:20 pm

Sheenprojected This is the level to which the Charlie Sheen case has sunk: The former sitcom star and his ex-bosses are slinging mud over whether they have even talked about him coming back to work.

Sheen has been telling reporters that he has had "discussions" about returning to his role as irrepressible bachelor Charlie Harper on "Two and a Half Men," the CBS sitcom smash from which he was fired after months of erratic behavior and drug-abuse treatment.

Nonsense, says Warner Bros., the studio that makes the show. "There have been no discussions, there are no discussions and there will be no discussions, regarding his returning to or having any involvement with the series," John W. Spiegel, a lawyer representing the studio, wrote in a letter sent to Sheen attorney Marty Singer on Thursday. 

But Singer told the website TMZ: "There have been discussions as late as Tuesday."

"Marty Singer's comments speak the truth," Sheen's manager, Mark Burg, wrote Show Tracker in an email. 

At this point, it's impossible to say for sure whether there's something here or this isn't just more dust kicked up by Mr. Sheen and his enterprising handlers. What is clear is that CBS has to reveal its fall schedule in a month, by which time some decision on the future of TV's No. 1 comedy will have to be made. And announced.

RELATED:

Randy Quaid wants to open for Charlie Sheen on tour

Charlie Sheen says he'd like to go back to work on "Two and a Half Men"

Chuck Lorre speaks of "tough time" during Sheen war

— Scott Collins (twitter.com/scottcollinsLAT)

Photo: Charlie Sheen in performance last week in New York. Credit: Charles Sykes/Associated Press.

 

Comments 

Advertisement










Video