Charlie Sheen and Warner Bros. in a war over alleged 'discussions' for star's comeback
Sheen has been telling reporters that he has had "discussions" about returning to his role as irrepressible bachelor Charlie Harper on "Two and a Half Men," the CBS sitcom smash from which he was fired after months of erratic behavior and drug-abuse treatment.
Nonsense, says Warner Bros., the studio that makes the show. "There have been no discussions, there are no discussions and there will be no discussions, regarding his returning to or having any involvement with the series," John W. Spiegel, a lawyer representing the studio, wrote in a letter sent to Sheen attorney Marty Singer on Thursday.
But Singer told the website TMZ: "There have been discussions as late as Tuesday."
"Marty Singer's comments speak the truth," Sheen's manager, Mark Burg, wrote Show Tracker in an email.
At this point, it's impossible to say for sure whether there's something here or this isn't just more dust kicked up by Mr. Sheen and his enterprising handlers. What is clear is that CBS has to reveal its fall schedule in a month, by which time some decision on the future of TV's No. 1 comedy will have to be made. And announced.
— Scott Collins (twitter.com/scottcollinsLAT)
Photo: Charlie Sheen in performance last week in New York. Credit: Charles Sykes/Associated Press.