2010 top terms we learned on reality TV
We are writers, and we're always looking to expand our vocabulary. Here are some words that were not on our SAT but very well should have been.
1. Hippopotamus ("Jersey Shore"). As if it wasn't bad enough to be referred to as a grenade, here comes her "big" sister, the hippo. Of course, The Situation came up with this term of endearment for an overweight woman, and watching him get rid of his hippo proved he's a cheating mastermind. (You can watch all the action here).
2. Tanorexia ("The A List"). A debilitating condition of never ever feeling tan enough. Because we come from warm beach states, we completely sympathize with the afflicted.
3. DTF ("Jersey Shore"). We can't spell it out because it includes a curse word, but it refers to people being down for a hook-up. It's economical and serves a purpose.
5. Prostitution whore ("Real Housewives of New Jersey"). It may sound redundant, but sometimes extra emphasis is needed to make a point, especially if you're Teresa Guidice.
6. T-shirt Tiiiiime! ("Jersey Shore") This signals the men are ready to go out. They change into fresh shirts and they're off. Pauly D started this craze, and we like it so much that it makes us fist-pump. (It even has a theme song).
7. Vagenius ("The A List") Used when something amazing happens or something is great. Whoever coined it was vagenius indeed.
8. Throw shade ("RuPaul's Drag Race") To talk trash about someone in public. RuPaul turned this into one of the most hilarious competitions on his show. We laughed as we learned a new art form.
9. Hallaloo! ("RuPaul's Drag Race") You know, hallelujah but cooler.
10. Mantrum ("The A List") A man tantrum. We saved this for last because we don't like whiny men but we like new words.
Video: The Situation explains grenades and landmines, the hippo's sisters. Credit: YouTube