Charlie Sheen returns to work as the ratings for 'Two and a Half Men' soar
A week after media reports that Charlie Sheen was found half-naked in his trashed New York hotel suite, the actor is back at work on "Two and a Half Men," a source close to the show has confirmed. Which means his network and studio bosses must be feeling a little jiggy inside.
For a week, the actor's personal troubles have been front and center in the national news cycle, but that didn't deter fans from watching him essentially play himself on TV Monday night. Registering 13. 6 million viewers, "Two and a Half Men" was up 7% among viewers ages 18 to 49, leaving Sheen's rainmaker status intact.
CBS and Warner Bros. Television, which produces the 8-year-old sitcom, have maintained a strict no-comment policy about Sheen and his troubles since he was accused last December of threatening his wife with a knife. Sheen's publicist issued a statement last week that the actor had an adverse reaction to medication in New York. But Radar Online said Monday that, after Sheen returned to Los Angeles, the actor, who has struggled with addiction issues for years, went on another bender over the weekend.
CBS and Warner Bros. Television remain mum on the matter. The show generated an estimated $155.1 million in ad revenue for CBS last season, according to Kantar Media. Indeed, as long as TV's highest-paid actor is at the top of the charts, it seems Sheen's bosses and most of Hollywood are going to continue to look the other way.
-- Maria Elena Fernandez
Why Charlie Sheen's latest outburst is being greeted with shrugs at CBS and Warner Bros.
Denise Richards says she helped Charlie Sheen at the hospital but refuses to say more
Charlie Sheen and his adverse allergic adventures in the Eloise Suite