Show Tracker

What you're watching

« Previous Post | Show Tracker Home | Next Post »

Dick Wolf seeks to overturn verdict on canceled 'Law & Order'

May 17, 2010 |  3:30 pm

The creator of "Law & Order" is seeking an appeal to save the 20-year-old police/legal drama, which has been canceled by NBC.

Dick Wolf released a humorously cryptic statement on Monday hinting that the series may gain new life, though he was not specific on whether he was shopping the series to other broadcast networks or cable.

"The patient is not dead," said Wolf. "It is in a medically induced coma, and we are hoping for a cure."

One cable outlet said they are out of the running for new episodes. Executives at TNT, which airs reruns of "Law & Order" and is under license to air multiple seasons, said they are not "in ongoing discussions about picking up the series for first-run episodes." TNT last year revived "Southland," a cop drama that had been canceled by NBC.

Wolf had hoped that his show would break the record set by "Gunsmoke" as the longest-running drama series in television history. The show tied the record this season.

-- Greg Braxton 

Comments 

Advertisement










Video