'The Office': A walk down memory lane
It’s been weeks since "Secret Santa," but “The Office” finally threw us a bone in the form of a “new” episode. “The Banker” finds Michael and the gang on their best behavior as they try to impress a potential buyer who visits the Scranton branch. (The fake Stanley? Priceless.) And in between the banker’s evaluation questions, viewers were treated to a glimpse down memory lane as moments from episodes past made a return appearance.
The funny office bits included:
- Dwight trapping a bat inside a garage bag … along with Meredith’s head, of course.
- Michael hitting Meredith with his car, which—if you remember—would eventually result in the Rabies Awareness Pro-Am Fun Run For The Cure; I wonder if Andy’s nipples ever recovered from all the chafing.
- Oh, and then there was the time Meredith took the term “casual” to a whole new level when she wore a skimpy outfit to work on “Casual Day.” Tugged down to show less skin, revealed boobage. Lifted up to conceal her chest revealed her, um, shall we say, underwear-free lower half?
- Pam walking in on a different underwear-free co-worker: Michael, as he changed in his office.
- Then there was the conference room meeting to discuss medical conditions in an attempt to pick a medical insurance provider for the company. Inverted penis? Anal fissures? Hot dog fingers? A classic.
- Can’t forget about the Jim-Dwight rivalry. From the office supplies in Jello to the spot-on impersonation (Fact: bears eat beets), Jim’s pranks on moon-faced Dwight have (almost) always been unique and hysterical.
- And what would “The Office” be without “That’s what she said.” The phrase that, when tagged on at the end of a sentence, can make just about anything sound dirty. For Michael, it never gets old. For this viewer, it never gets old.
And so, the episode ends with Dunder Mifflin’s fate unknown. But Michael isn’t worried:
“I think our future is very bright. We’ve only just begun.”
Do you agree, Show Trackers? It's highly likely that our friends at Dunder Mifflin will be saved ... but will they return to their funny ways, or was this best-of package a reminder of what used to be? Share some of your favorite memories of Michael and the gang in the comments section.
Photo credit: NBC