Show Tracker

What you're watching

« Previous Post | Show Tracker Home | Next Post »

It's not quite over yet for 'Jon & Kate Plus 8'

October 7, 2009 |  4:36 pm

It now looks like Jon & Kate Gosselin are riding off into the sunset with their large brood and may never be heard from again.

Kidding! You didn't think this pair would disappear that easily, did you? 

Published reports have stated that TLC has halted production on the reality phenomenon "Jon & Kate Plus 8," after estranged dad Jon said the show was harming his kids and had his lawyers issue a cease-and-desist order.

But the reality, if you will, is a bit more complicated. Producers have for now stopped shooting footage of the couple's eight children, but they are still filming mom Kate alone. They also have previously unaired footage of Jon and the kids that will probably turn up in future episodes, according to a person close to the show. So fans may not notice much difference in the days ahead.

Beyond that, however, the future gets murky. TLC has evidently not decided whether to proceed with earlier announced plans to rebrand the show next month as "Kate Plus Eight," leading some observers to conclude that the cable channel may soon wash its hands of the whole sordid situation. A network spokeswoman declined to comment. 

Meanwhile, Jon's representative, New York attorney Mike Heller, said any filming of the show comes as news to him. "As far as I know," he wrote in an e-mail, there is "nothing being shot."

It's all a confusing mess -- which may be good news for tabloids that have feasted on the domestic drama for months. Kate is developing a solo show with TLC, as well as a talk show with a syndicated unit of Warner Bros. Jon also remains under contract to TLC, but is reportedly developing a reality-show idea with Lindsay Lohan's father, Michael Lohan, called "Divorced Dads Club."

--Scott Collins

Comments 

Advertisement










Video