Show Tracker

What you're watching

« Previous Post | Show Tracker Home | Next Post »

'Mad Men': The show's future 'is not in question,' says AMC

October 21, 2008 |  2:11 pm

After it recently emerged that neither the cast of "Mad Men" nor the show's creator, Matthew Weiner, were signed up for a third season, industry watchers and fans wondered what the future would be for the Emmy-winning show.

But sources have confirmed that long-term deals are in place with all the "Mad Men" series regulars, including its star, Jon Hamm. Another deal is underway to bill John Slattery as a regular. Slattery had been billed as a guest star.

Negotiations remain ongoing with creator Weiner, sources said.

According to a statement by AMC, "Mad Men" will be returning next season.

"The future of 'Mad Men' on AMC is not in question," the statement read. "We are engaged in discussions now and look forward to a powerful second-season finale on Oct. 26."

-- Lynn Smith

Comments 

Advertisement










Video