Letterman's comeback Top 10 list
10. From "The Daily Show with Jon Stewart," Tim Carvell: "Complimentary tote bag with next insulting contract offer."
9. From "The Colbert Report," Laura Krafft: "No rollbacks in health benefits, so I can treat the hypothermia I caught on the picket lines."
8. Daytime television writer, Melissa Salmons: "Full salary and benefits for my imaginary writing partner, Lester."
7. From "Law & Order: Criminal Intent," Warren Leight: "Members of the AMPTP must explain what the hell AMPTP stands for."
6. From "The Colbert Report," Jay Katsir: "No disciplinary action taken against any writer caught having inappropriate relationship with a copier."
5. From "The Daily Show with Jon Stewart," Steve Bodow: "I’d like a date with a woman."
4. Writer and director, Nora Ephron: "Hazard pay for breaking up fights on ‘The View.’"
3. From "Law & Order," Gina Gionfriddo: "I’m no accountant, but instead of us getting 4 cents for a $20 DVD, how about we get $20 for a 4-cent DVD?"
2. From "Late Night with Conan O’Brien," Chris Albers: "I don’t have a joke – I just want to remind everyone that we’re on strike, so none of us are responsible for this lame list."
1. Thurber Award-winning author, Alan Zwiebel: "Producers must immediately remove their heads from their asses."
Photo courtesy CBS
For the Record: An earlier version of this post incorrectly spelled a writer's name as Gina Johnfrido. It is Gina Gionfriddo.