Money & Company

Tracking the market and economic trends
that shape your finances.

« Previous Post | Money & Company Home | Next Post »

Wall Street: Stocks down, gold up

October 25, 2011 |  7:18 am

Wall Street: European leaders are beginning crucial talks aimed at finding a solution to the sovereign debt crisis
Gold: Trading now at $1,656 an ounce, up 0.2% from Monday. Dow Jones industrial average: Trading now at 11,791.24, down 1.0% from Monday.

Home prices, stocks falling. Stocks fell this morning after it was announced that U.S. home prices dropped again, and as investors await the results of the European financial summit.

Wall Street moves West. As Wall Street lays off employees, some regional banks further west are building up their investment banking operations.

Suspicious of Stevie. Regulators have been flagging suspicious activity at Steven Cohen's hedge funds for years, the Wall Street Journal found.

Divided twins. The Daily gets the story of a set of twins split by the barricades in lower Manhattan, one in the 1%, the other in the 99%.

Raj speaks. After Raj Rajaratnam spoke publicly for the first time since being arrested on insider trading charges, the U.S. attorney's office said he was lying.

-- Nathaniel Popper in New York
Twitter.com/nathanielpopper

Photo credit: Stan Honda / Getty Images

Comments 

Advertisement










Video