L.A. NOW

Southern California -- this just in

« Previous Post | L.A. NOW Home | Next Post »

Actress Alyson Hannigan gets restraining order against alleged stalker

Alyson Hannigan has obtained a three-year restraining order against a 43-year-old New Hampshire man, barring him from coming within 100 yards of the "How I Met Your Mother" actress or her family
Alyson Hannigan has obtained a three-year restraining order against a 43-year-old New Hampshire man, barring him from coming within 100 yards of the "How I Met Your Mother" actress or her family.

The final order approved Wednesday by Los Angeles Superior Judge Carol Boas Goodson also prohibits John Hobbs from writing online about her or contacting her in any way. Boas Goodson noted that Hobbs had not objected to the order.

The order replaces a temporary restraining order Hannigan obtained last month after Hobbs allegedly repeatedly threatened in online postings to kill her and her husband, Alexis Denisof.

The actress noted in court papers that she never met the man, saying she was "in severe fear for my safety and the safety of my family."

In the court documents, Hannigan's legal team cited Hobbs' writings.

"With that said, in 2013 I still can marry you tomorrow. I can kill you tomorrow too. Cause I simply like and love you as you live life. Aly ... It doesn't end. Even after death," stated a Facebook posting allegedly written by Hobbs and included in the court filing by Hannigan's lawyers.

In seeking the order, Hannigan, 38, who starred in the "American Pie" movies and the "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" TV series, noted that Hobbs had posssessed a gun permit since 2000 and previously had been discharged from a mental health hospital. He lives in Nashua, N.H.

ALSO:

Track coach impaled on fence near school, dies of wounds

Lion attack: Intern was 'living her dream' at park, brother says

Woman found dead on beach in Newport identified as 20-year-old

-- Richard Winton

Photo: Alyson Hannigan and Alexis Denisoff last year. Credit: Chris Pizzello / Associated Press

 
Comments () | Archives (0)

Connect

Recommended on Facebook


Advertisement

In Case You Missed It...

Video

About L.A. Now
L.A. Now is the Los Angeles Times’ breaking news section for Southern California. It is produced by more than 80 reporters and editors in The Times’ Metro section, reporting from the paper’s downtown Los Angeles headquarters as well as bureaus in Costa Mesa, Long Beach, San Diego, San Francisco, Sacramento, Riverside, Ventura and West Los Angeles.
Have a story tip for L.A. Now?
Please send to newstips@latimes.com
Can I call someone with news?
Yes. The city desk number is (213) 237-7847.

Categories




Get Alerts on Your Mobile Phone

Sign me up for the following lists: