L.A. NOW

Southern California -- this just in

« Previous Post | L.A. NOW Home | Next Post »

O.C. man used Facebook to set up porn shoot, assault boy, D.A. says

PHERNAMBUCQ CHRIS GLENA registered sex offender in Orange County has been charged with sexually assaulting an underage teen he met on Facebook, allegedly telling the 17-year-old that he was a pornography director and wanted to cast him for a film, prosecutors said.

Chris Glen Phernambucq, 31, was charged Thursday with felony counts related to the sexual assault of a minor and creating and possessing child pornography, according to a statement from the Orange County District Attorney's office. 

Phernambucq, already registered as a lifetime sex offender, has prior convictions from 2006 of using a child to create pornography and of sex acts with a minor — a 14-year-old — in 2003, prosecutors said. 

He is set to be arraigned Friday. If convicted, prosecutors said he could face a maximum sentence of nine years and four months in state prison.

Earlier this week, prosecutors said Phernambucq — who allegedly began talking with the teenage boy on Facebook last month — arranged a meeting at an abandoned house in Anaheim. He is accused of having him undressed and filming sexual acts between the boy and another man, before Phernambucq had sex with him, prosecutors said. 

Prosecutors said the boy became uncomfortable and left.

After learning that Phernambucq was a registered sex offender, prosecutors said, the teen told his family about the encounter and contacted Anaheim police.

The identity and age of the other man involved in the video is under investigation, prosecutors said.

As the investigation continues, prosecutors said that anyone who might have information or who might have been a potential victim should contact Supervising Dist. Atty. Investigator Anthony Sosnowski at (714) 834-8794.

ALSO:

Bodies of mother, daughter found in frozen Northern California pond

Scattered showers in Southern California to remain through Sunday

Latino gang members accused of terrorizing Compton black family

— Rick Rojas

Photo: Chris Glen Phernambucq. Credit: Orange County District Attorney.

 

 
Comments () | Archives (0)

Connect

Recommended on Facebook


Advertisement

In Case You Missed It...

Video

About L.A. Now
L.A. Now is the Los Angeles Times’ breaking news section for Southern California. It is produced by more than 80 reporters and editors in The Times’ Metro section, reporting from the paper’s downtown Los Angeles headquarters as well as bureaus in Costa Mesa, Long Beach, San Diego, San Francisco, Sacramento, Riverside, Ventura and West Los Angeles.
Have a story tip for L.A. Now?
Can I call someone with news?
Yes. The city desk number is (213) 237-7847.

Categories




Get Alerts on Your Mobile Phone

Sign me up for the following lists: