L.A. NOW

Southern California -- this just in

« Previous Post | L.A. NOW Home | Next Post »

Man allegedly tried to kidnap 2 girls as they walked to school

January 22, 2013 |  5:11 pm

Alfonso Ariel Hernandez Jr A 33-year-old Yucaipa man was arrested for allegedly trying to kidnap two teenage girls as they walked to school, police said Tuesday afternoon.

In two separate incidents, Alfonso Ariel Hernandez Jr. is suspected of approaching the girls last week as they walked to Redlands East Valley High School, according to police. The incidents took place Thursday between 6 a.m. and 7 a.m.

"In one incident, the suspect grabbed a 17-year-old girl and attempted to force her into his vehicle," the Redlands Police Department said in  a statement. The girl broke free and reported the incident to school officials, who alerted police. 

Hernandez was arrested Sunday while he was driving a red 1991 Geo Metro, which matched the description of the vehicle used by the suspect, according to police.

Police said there may be additional victims and asked anyone with information to call Det. Andy Capps at (909) 798-7642 or Det. Dan Whitten at (909) 790-3105.

ALSO:

Clergy abuse victims: 'We demand justice'

Woman pictured in Te'o hoax talks about perpetrator

From the jury pool: Former Bell officials 'raped constituents'

— Robert J. Lopez

twitter.com/LAJourno

Photo: Alfonso Ariel Hernandez Jr. Credit: Redlands Police Department
Comments 

Advertisement










Video