L.A. NOW

Southern California -- this just in

« Previous Post | L.A. NOW Home | Next Post »

Sex-slave case: Accused Oceanside couple held on $2-million bail each

December 4, 2012 |  6:28 am

A judge has set bail at $2 million each for Inez Martinez Garcia and Marcial Garcia Hernandez, an Oceanside couple accused of keeping an underage girl as a sex slave and forcing her into prostitution

A judge has set bail at $2 million each for an Oceanside couple accused of keeping an underage girl as a sex slave and forcing her into prostitution.

San Diego County Superior Court Judge Martin Staven set the bail Monday for Inez Martinez Garcia, 43, and her husband, Marcial Garcia Hernandez, 45. The couple did not enter pleas, pending assignment of defense counsel.

The two were arrested last week on suspicion of forcing the girl to clean and cook, take care of the couple's three children and have sex with Hernandez and other men. When the girl refused, she was beaten, according to the San Diego County Sheriff's Department.

The girl, a relative of the couple, came to the U.S. at age 12, and the abuse occurred over a 21-month period, investigators said. She returned to Mexico but has since come back to the U.S. and is assisting in the prosecution, they said.

Arraignment of Hernandez and Garcia was delayed so they could find

ALSO:

Coast Guard death suspect says he was aiding 'lost friends'

Acid bombs found at O.C. home of African American woman

Decapitated body found at hospital ruled suicide by hanging

-- Tony Perry in San Diego

Photo: Inez Martinez Garcia and Marcial Garcia Hernandez. Credit: Fox-5 San Diego

Comments 

Advertisement










Video