L.A. NOW

Southern California -- this just in

« Previous Post | L.A. NOW Home | Next Post »

Two wounded after family dispute results in gunfire

November 22, 2012 |  6:36 pm

Two people were shot and wounded early Thursday when a family dispute in Carson erupted in gunfire, authorities said.

Deputies went to the 19300 block of Coslin Avenue at 5:34 a.m. after a person placed a 911 call about an “ongoing family problem” at the residence, said Lt. Arthur Escamillas of the L.A. County Sheriff’s Department.

Once authorities arrived, they discovered that a 19-year-old man had been involved in a dispute with a 17-year-old girl, who was reportedly his girlfriend. The man had left the home by the time deputies arrived, Escamillas said.

As deputies monitored the area, gunshots erupted from inside the residence. Deputies returned to the home to find two people -- the girl and a 65-year-old man -- wounded.

Escamillas said the 19-year-old had returned home and shot the two victims. The girl, along with another person, had wrestled him to the ground, where he was then detained by deputies, Escamillas said.

“Somewhere, somehow, he gained entry into the household,” Escamillas said.

The wounded were taken to Harbor-UCLA Medical Center, where the girl was listed in stable condition and the older man in serious condition. Deputies arrested the 19-year-old man on suspicion of assault with a deadly weapon but declined to release his name, citing the ongoing investigation.

ALSO:

With Hostess closing down, local workers lose their jobs

Woman shot in Jordan Downs housing projects after argument

San Francisco workers may be reimbursed on same-sex couple benefits

--Nicole Santa Cruz

Comments 

Advertisement










Video