L.A. NOW

Southern California -- this just in

« Previous Post | L.A. NOW Home | Next Post »

Two seniors die after eating wild mushrooms

November 10, 2012 |  3:25 pm

Two residents of a senior living facility in Loomis, Calif., died  after eating a meal that contained wild mushrooms picked on the property, officials said.

The women, who were residents of Golden Age Villa, fell ill Friday and were taken to an area hospital, where they died, said Sgt. Carol Walsh of the Placer County Sheriff's Department. Officials have identified the victims as Barbara Lopes, 86, and Teresa Olesniewicz, 73.

A caregiver who prepared the meal and three others were also sickened and remained hospitalized Saturday, Walsh said.

“We have not found any indication of foul play,” Walsh said. “It looks to be a very tragic accident at this point.”

The incident remains under investigation.

ALSO:

Rape on MTA bus leaves riders nervous, uneasy

Lakers' Devin Ebanks arrested on suspicion of DUI

Husband of slain Iraqi immigrant arrested in El Cajon in her death

-- Hailey Branson-Potts

twitter.com/haileybranson

Comments 

Advertisement










Video