L.A. NOW

Southern California -- this just in

« Previous Post | L.A. NOW Home | Next Post »

Gabriel Aubry describes confrontation with Halle Berry’s fiance

The ex-boyfriend of Halle Berry describes in court papers the dispute that led to a physical confrontation at the actress' home on Thanksgiving Day.

In court papers filed Monday, Gabriel Aubry says he suffered a fractured rib, bruises to the face and cuts that required stiches.

Aubry is scheduled to appear in court Dec. 13 after a Thanksgiving Day altercation with the actress' fiance, French actor Olivier Martinez, at her Hollywood Hills home.

Aubry, who has a daughter with the Academy Award-winning actress, was arrested on suspicion of misdemeanor battery after police responded to a call that he had gotten into a fistfight with Martinez.

Aubry alleges in court papers that the hostilities between him and Martinez escalated when he attended a Thanksgiving lunch at his daughter Nahla’s preschool.

During the lunch, an “angry and agitated” Martinez approached him and threatened to beat him, telling him, telling “You’re lucky we’re in school right now,” the declaration alleges. Berry, accompanied by Martinez, took Nahla outside and ordered Aubry not to follow them. Eventually Berry and Martinez returned with Nahla and then left.

The next day, Aubry said, he brought his daughter to Berry’s home. When he pulled up to the front door of the actresses’ residence, Martinez was waiting outside. After Berry’s housekeeper retrieved the girl, Aubry alleges, Martinez asked to talk to him, then jumped on the side of his body and punched him in way that took him to the ground.

“He continued to punch me at least two or three times, kicked me in the ribs…and took my head in his hands and slammed it to the concrete driveway,” Aubry said. “It all happened so fast so suddenly ; I did not see Mr. Martinez’s actions coming, and thus, I was not ready for it and was not able to defend myself.”

He is seeking a restraining order against Martinez.  Berry filed a protective order against Aubry last week.

ALSO:

Two wounded after family dispute results in gunfire

Public works commissioner taking a leave of absence

L.A. police to patrol stores to keep Black Friday trouble-free

-- Andrew Blankstein

 
Comments () | Archives (0)

Connect

Recommended on Facebook


Advertisement

In Case You Missed It...

Video

About L.A. Now
L.A. Now is the Los Angeles Times’ breaking news section for Southern California. It is produced by more than 80 reporters and editors in The Times’ Metro section, reporting from the paper’s downtown Los Angeles headquarters as well as bureaus in Costa Mesa, Long Beach, San Diego, San Francisco, Sacramento, Riverside, Ventura and West Los Angeles.
Have a story tip for L.A. Now?
Please send to newstips@latimes.com
Can I call someone with news?
Yes. The city desk number is (213) 237-7847.

Categories




Get Alerts on Your Mobile Phone

Sign me up for the following lists: