L.A. NOW

Southern California -- this just in

« Previous Post | L.A. NOW Home | Next Post »

5 injured in Cal State L.A. dorm fire caused by cooking grease

November 2, 2012 | 10:07 pm

Five women suffered burns Friday evening after cooking grease caught fire in a Cal State L.A. dorm, fire officials said.

The blaze was reported about 8 p.m. Friday in the 5400 block of East Dobbs Street, just off the school’s campus, but was out by the time firefighters arrived on scene. They found food on the stove and two women who were critically injured, as well as three others with minor burns, according to Los Angeles Fire Department spokesman Erik Scott.

Three of those injured were students at the university and the others were visiting, Scott said.

The women, all between 18 and 24, were taken to hospitals with first- and second-degree burns to between 5% and 20% of their bodies, fire officials said.

ALSO:

Judge tentatively sides with JPL in wrongful-termination suit

O.C. man gets life term for killing ex-wife, her father in ambush

Suspect arrested in USC shooting; policy changes to be announced

-- Victoria Kim

Comments 

Advertisement










Video