Best places to spot space shuttle Endeavour: L.A. Now Live
The space shuttle Endeavour departed Friday morning for its final flight and a farewell tour of California. Times reporter Ron Lin will join L.A. Now Live at 9 a.m. to discuss the morning flyover and the best places to spot the shuttle.
A list of San Francisco landmarks has not been released, but we would guess the Golden Gate Bridge will be included. Officials have advised onlookers to head toward:
- Bay Area Discovery Museum, Sausalito
- Chabot Space and Science Center, Oakland
- Exploratorium, San Francisco
- Lawrence Hall of Science, Berkeley
- Monterey Bay Aquarium
- NASA’s Ames/Moffett Field, Mountain View
From there, Endeavour will go on its last aerial victory lap, gliding over landmarks such as Malibu, the Getty Center and Disneyland. If you're stuck at work, The Times will offer a live webcast of the Endeavour's final flight on Friday morning at latimes.com.
- Los Angeles City Hall
- California Science Center
- Getty Center
- Griffith Observatory
- Queen Mary
- Aquarium of the Pacific in Long Beach
- Malibu, Venice and Huntington beaches
- Jet Propulsion Laboratory
- Universal Studios
After it lands at LAX on Friday, the shuttle will be housed at a United Airlines hangar until Oct. 12, when it will begin a two-day celebratory trek through the city's streets to the museum's new Samuel Oschin display pavilion.