L.A. NOW

Southern California -- this just in

« Previous Post | L.A. NOW Home | Next Post »

Swimming pool light suspected of shocking, nearly killing girl

August 13, 2012 |  2:27 pm

A faulty underwater light is suspected of shocking and nearly killing a 15-year-old Garden Grove girl swimming in her family’s pool.

Police and firefighters responded to the home Saturday after an emergency call about an electrocution.

The girl was swimming in the pool’s deep end when her limbs suddenly went numb, police said. She called out for help but when her older sister swam toward her, she, too, felt a shock to her limbs.

The girl’s father turned off the power to the pool and pulled her unresponsive body from the water and began administering CPR.

Authorities found the girl without a pulse and not breathing, but were able to revive her.

She was taken to UCI Medical Center where authorities Monday said she is expected to make a full recovery.

An investigation into the incident is ongoing.

ALSO:

Mars rover Curiosity's set to take a spin in coming days

Young illegal immigrants line up for deportation reprieve

Lightning-triggered fires in San Diego County burn 9,325 acres

-- Mike Anton

Comments 

Advertisement










Video