L.A. NOW

Southern California -- this just in

« Previous Post | L.A. NOW Home | Next Post »

Man shot in Boyle Heights; suspect remains at large

August 5, 2012 |  1:50 pm

A man his 20s was in critical condition following a shooting Sunday afternoon in Boyle Heights, authorities said.

Officers responded to the 700 block of South Boyle Street about 12:50 p.m. and found the victim, described as a Latino man, between two residences, said Sgt. Michael Morriseau of the LAPD’s Hollenbeck Division. He had been shot once in the back and once in the stomach and was transported to Los Angeles County/USC Medical Center for treatment.

The shooting appears to be gang-related, Morriseau said. Police were trying to conduct interviews on the scene, which is near Hollenbeck Park. No suspects are in custody.

ALSO:

Four convicted in North Hollywood text-message killing

Conservatives blast Chick-fil-A 'Tastes like hate' vandalism

Cuba Gooding Jr. off the hook as prosecutors drop battery case

— David Zahniser

Comments 

Advertisement










Video