Lindsay Lohan won't face charges in watch thefts [Updated]
L.A. County prosecutors have declined to file charges against Lindsay Lohan in connection with the theft of several watches from a home earlier this month.
Los Angeles Police Department detectives had presented evidence to prosecutors on Tuesday after several days on investigation. The LAPD had listed Lohan and two other people as suspects in the burglary.
LAPD detectives have been seeking to talk with Lohan after several watches were reported stolen from a home earlier this month, the sources said.
Prosecutors said that the victims of the theft did not want to press charges and that the evidence in the case was far from clear.
The incident comes as Lohan is trying to put her much-chronicled legal troubles behind her and resume her acting career.
She was on probation for a 2007 conviction for driving under the influence. Since then she has also been convicted of shoplifting and was on probation for that offense as well.
Lohan was sent to jail several times for violating the terms of her probation. But she hewed to a strict regimen of counseling and community service at the county morgue. In March, a judge ended her probation in the DUI case and reduced the shoplifting probation to unsupervised status.
[UPDATED at 4:59 p.m. Aug. 28: Prosecutors said they were not presented with evidence of any theft of watches. The $6,400 in stolen property allegedly included $3,000 in cash, four pairs of sunglasses, an iPod and keys to two cars and a house.]
-- Andrew Blankstein