Lindsay Lohan blasts 'lies' about her and theft allegations
This post has been corrected. See note at the bottom for details.
Lindsay Lohan went to Twitter to decry "lies" being told about her regarding a theft from a Hollywood Hills home.
Her comments came four days after the alleged incident.
"Whenever I'm doing great, people fabricate lies." Lohan wrote on Twitter. "It's such a shame."
Los Angeles Police Department detectives had presented evidence to prosecutors Tuesday after several days of investigation identifying Lohan as well as Gavin Lawrence Doyle and Andrew Nicholas Payan as suspects in the case.
Lohan and one of the victims in the case, identified as millionaire Sam Magid, had a "longstanding relationship," and he did not identify any of the suspects, prosecutors said.
Although one of the suspects made a "vague admission" that someone had taken something, none of the suspects was found with any property.
In addition, prosecutors noted in the filing that eyewitnesses in the case did not cooperate with authorities, and the victims did not wish to pursue a criminal prosecution of the case.
LAPD detectives have been seeking to talk with Lohan after several items, including cash, sunglasses and a credit card holder, were reported stolen from a home Aug. 18. Law enforcement sources said that reports of $100,000 taken from the home were inaccurate.
The incident is the latest in a series of brushes with the law for Lohan, who has been trying to put her much-chronicled legal troubles behind her and resume her acting career.
She was on probation for a 2007 conviction for driving under the influence. Since then she has also been convicted of shoplifting and was on probation for that offense as well.
Lohan was sent to jail several times for violating the terms of her probation. But she hewed to a strict regimen of counseling and community service at the county morgue. In March, a judge ended her probation in the DUI case and reduced the shoplifting probation to unsupervised status.
According to prosecutors, the victims were asleep in the residence about 7:45 a.m. Aug. 18, when they became aware that someone was trying to get into the master bedroom of the home. They searched for the suspects and saw a man later identified as Doyle standing outside the home.
The man fled. While trying to call 911, an unidentified woman at the home saw a newer model BMW parked in front of the home and a second man enter the vehicle, which then drove away.
When LAPD officers arrived at the home, the victims reported that keys from cars at the home as well as cash, sunglasses and a credit card holder were missing.
Day laborers working across the street identified two men and a woman who arrived at the residence in a tan BMW around the time the crime reportedly occurred and then went inside. But police were unable to find any evidence of forced entry into the cars or the home.
A security guard interviewed by police said that at 2 a.m. that morning Lohan came to the home and wanted to enter it to speak with Magid. She was told she could not come in and asked the guard if Magid was in the home with "some other girl."
[For the Record, 10:00 p.m. Aug. 28: An earlier version of this post incorrectly said that Lindsay Lohan's Twitter comments were made the same day that L.A. County prosecutors decided not to file charges in the Hollywood Hills home burglary.]
ALSO:New authority created for L.A./Ontario International Airport
Photo: Lindsay Lohan arrives at the A&E Networks 2012 Upfront at Lincoln Center in New York. Credit: Kristina Bumphrey / Associated Press